Thursday, November 25, 2010

In the Spirit of Thanksgiving

Recently as I have been going around town and talking with people who are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I have asked them what they are thankful for. It seems that most all of us have the same things come to mind; health, family, and a belief in God. It has really been something that I have found very interesting.
The appearance of society today seems to show that what we are most thankful for are things like cars, money, popularity, etc. The dynamic contrast between these situations has led me to believe that sometimes we often neglect what we really are most thankful for, and chase after unimportant fantasies.
It is so easy in the lives that we live to forget the most important things that God has blessed us with. Because of this, I want to do better at focusing on the things that I am most thankful for. I am thankful for items such as cars and money, those things help life to be more comfortable. But the things that matter most, should be treated that way. More of my love and patience should be expressed to those who are close to me. I should strive to nourish and strengthen my health, as well as my testimony of Jesus Christ and his restored Gospel.
The things that matter most, can bring the greatest joy into our lives, so why should they be neglected? I want to do better at always remembering that, and I know that as more and more people do, that the world will change from what it is, into a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment